What Does Your Rose Tell You?
Did you know there is a meaning behind every color of rose?
Learn what your special valentine is trying to tell you. Is it an "I love you" or "let's be friends?" We were excited to find this guide from Passion Growers to what rose colors mean.
- Red – Red roses are the traditional symbol for love, romance, and will always be a way to say "I love you." The red rose has also reflected beauty and perfection. Deep or dark red roses can reveal an unconscious beauty.
- Pink – Words like admiration, gentleness, grace, gladness, joy and sweetness are just a few ways to describe the meaning behind the pink rose. A pink rose can also convey happiness, gracefulness and admiration.
- Yellow – Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose. Yellow roses create warm feelings and provide happiness. Giving yellow roses can tell someone the joy they bring you and the friendship you share.
- White – White roses, the purist of colors, represent innocence, purity and charm. White roses are traditionally used in weddings and can represent new beginnings. We believe that white roses can also express remembrance and innocence.
- Orange – Orange roses evoke energy, and can indicate enthusiasm, desire and excitement. Giving orange roses can symbolize your passionate romance and share your excitement of the relationship with your loved one.
- Lavender – Love at first sight or just an enchanting way to say, "I love you!" Lavender roses can offer a daily reminder of your love and eagerness to grow your relationship.
- Novelty – Passion Growers has about 30 different novelty roses which can provide a unique and fun way to add a twist to your rose giving. Consider giving a novelty rose to add a twist to a message you're trying to say. For example, a yellow rose with a red tip can mean friendship or falling in love.
- Salmon – A slightly pinker shade of orange, the meaning behind salmon-colored roses evoke the same message as orange roses. Salmon roses can indicate enthusiasm, desire and excitement. Give salmon roses as a way to share your desire for someone; and they'll know how you truly feel.
- Peach – Are you grateful for someone or just want to show your appreciation? Then consider giving a peach-colored rose. A bouquet of peach roses shows your deep appreciation and gratitude or just an elegant way to say "Thank You!"
- Cream – Cream roses are indicative of charm and thoughtfulness. They go well with pink "thank you" roses which allow you to send two messages in one bunch!
- Green – Green is the color of life, abundant growth, and constant renewal of life and energy. The green rose signifies the constant rejuvenation of spirit, and is therefore a messenger of cheerfulness.